We help small and medium size companies, other patent owners, and inventors realize the value of their investments in issued patents, pending applications, and applications currently being prepared for submission to the USPTO. Although each project has it's own unique challenges, some of the ways in which we help patent owners and inventors include:
Identifying patent strategies that improve ROI by:
- Segmenting portfolios of issued patents and pending applications
- Recommending portfolio or segment disposition, leverage
- Patent claim strategies and claim mining
Assisting client's patent counsel with strategy implementation
- Specification evaluation and guidance
- Claim segmentation and drafting
- Evaluating draft responses to PTO office actions
Evaluating opportunities for patent enforcement, including:
- Identifying possibly infringing products and processes
- Drafting and documenting claim charts
- Aggregating size of the market and related economic information
Organizing enforcement litigation:
- Identifying contingency fee litigators, licensing companies, and other resources appropriate to circumstances
- Negotiating representation agreements
- Participation in the litigation team as necesary
Brokering relationships / deals with licensees, acquirers, and brokers
- In circumstances where Patent Kinetics is not the right partner, we will happily connect patent owners with other market participants.
Substantive Areas of Interest
We are interested in issued patents, pending patent applications, and innovations in their formative stages. Substantive focus areas are always changing as markets and technologies evolve, but we are primarily focused on electrical and mechanical inventions generally. We are particularly interested in consumer electronics, software, business methods, wireless, networking, games and gaming consoles, and some medical devices. We do not deal with chemistry-related patents including pharmaceuticals, bio-tech, chemistry related medical devices, and agricultural related intellectual property.
No Legal Advice
Patent Kinetics is not a law firm and consequently we do not provide legal advice of any kind. More specifically, Patent Kinetics does not offer opinions regarding patent validity, non-infringement, infringement, freedom to operate, and other opinions that should be provided by a registered patent attorney. We are happy to refer patent owners and other interested parties to legal resources as may be appropriate to circumstances.
Our Expanding Network
We are always expanding our network of patent owners, buyers, patent licensing and assertion firms, law firms, and licensing professionals. Patent Kinetics is a member of the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Licensing Executives Society, SVForum, the MIT Enterprise Forum of Cambridge, and the Boston Entrepreneurs' Network.
Contacting Patent Kinetics
We welcome inquiries. See our Contact Page for further information.