Based on more than two decades of practical experience, Patent Kinetics helps patent owners, inventors and investors get a financial return on their substantial investments in R&D. We specialize in patent strategy, implementation, evaluation and enforcement mainly in the electrical and mechanical technology domains.
Past and current projects have entailed one or more of the following:
Identifying patent strategies that improve ROI by:
- Segmenting portfolios of issued patents and pending applications
- Recommending portfolio or segment disposition, leverage
- Patent claim strategies and claim mining
Assisting client's patent counsel with strategy implementation
- Specification evaluation and guidance
- Claim segmentation and drafting
- Evaluating draft responses to PTO office actions
Evaluating opportunities for patent enforcement, including:
- Identifying possibly infringing products and processes
- Drafting and documenting claim charts
- Aggregating size of the market and related economic information
Organizing enforcement litigation:
- Identifying contingency fee litigators, licensing companies, local counsel, mediators, and other resources appropriate to circumstances
- Negotiating representation agreements
Participation in the litigation team by helping to:
- Respond to IPRs and CBMs
- Draft complaints and certain motions
- Participation in mediation
- Other tasks as may be assigned by trial attorneys
Brokering relationships / deals with licensees, acquirers, and brokers
- In circumstances where Patent Kinetics is not the right partner, we will happily connect patent owners with other market participants.
No Legal Advice
Patent Kinetics is not a law firm and consequently we do not provide legal advice of any kind. More specifically, Patent Kinetics does not offer opinions regarding patent validity, non-infringement, infringement, freedom to operate, and other opinions that should be provided by law firms. We are happy to refer patent owners and other interested parties to legal resources as may be appropriate to circumstances.
Our Expanding Network
We are always expanding our network of patent owners, buyers, patent licensing and assertion firms, law firms, and licensing professionals. Patent Kinetics is a member of the Advisory Board of the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Licensing Executives Society and the IEEE Boston Entrepreneurs' Network where is served on that organization's Advisory Board and served as Vice Chair, Programs 2005-2007. Weber also served on the organizing committee for the very successful ConnectedThings2015 and ConnectedThings2016 IoT conferences produced by the MIT Enterprise Forum.
Contacting Patent Kinetics
We welcome inquiries. See our Contact Page for further information.